If you are hiring a car with Avis, we can offer you affordable car hire excess insurance to cover you against the excess charges you may incur from the rental company if your hire car is damaged or stolen.
How does Avis’ Car Hire Insurance work?
When you hire a car with Avis in Europe*, insurance cover is usually automatically included for Third Party, Collision Damage (CDW) and Vehicle Theft. This is known as your basic cover. The third-party element of the basic cover does not carry any excess; however, a customer excess is usually applied to both the collision and theft cover.
Additional cover such as Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) and Roadside Assistance covering excess reduction can be added as an optional extra. This can be added through either the Vehicle Cover or Vehicle Cover Plus package. If hiring in the UK, Glass and Windscreen protection is not included in any cover package, however, it can be added once the vehicle is collected.
* This statement assumes you are a UK or EEA resident, hiring a car in Europe. The basic cover may be different if you are hiring a car outside the UK or EEA, or you are resident of a country other than the UK or EEA.
How much does Avis Car Insurance cost?
The price you pay for your hire car is based on the following:
- The start and end dates of your rental period
- The rental location
- The type of vehicle you are renting
The cost of your car hire insurance is included as basic cover. The cost of optional extras including excess reduction products (CDW and LDW) are also based on the above factors.
What are the Avis Excess Reduction charges?
Avis Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is included within the basic cover. If you damage your hire car, the amount that you will have to pay is reduced to the agreed excess amount found on your rental agreement. This amount depends on which vehicle you are hiring and where you are hiring it. However, Avis provides excess reduction products which can reduce your excess further:
- Super Collision Damage Waiver is an excess reduction product which reduces your excess to zero if you damage your hire car. The price for this depends on the vehicle and the location. You can expect this to cost between £11.21 and £25.00 per day if hiring in the UK.
- Super Theft Protection Waiver is another excess reduction product available to reduce your excess, in the case your hire car is stolen, however this will cost you between £3.45 and £5.50 per day if hiring in the UK.
How does iCarhireinsurance.com Car Insurance differ?
Car hire excess insurance policies from iCarhireinsurance.com start at just £2.99* per day and £42.99 for an annual policy and are all ZERO excess policies. We also offer customers the option to apply a small voluntary excess of £200 which will reduce their premium.
*Price based on a 40-year-old UK resident renting a car in Europe for 10 days or longer.
An iCarhireinsurance.com car hire excess insurance policy covers excess fees for up to £6000 charged by the rental company. This includes:
- Loss of Use (up to £500)
- Misfuelling (up to £1,000)
- Towing / Breakdown (up to £1,000)
- Lock Out (up to £500)
- Road Rage (up to £1,000)
- Car Jacking (up to £1,000)
- Hotel Expenses (up to £150)
- Travel Expenses (up to £150)
- Restitution (up to £500; £25/day limit)
- Drop-off charges (up to £300)
- 65 days Continuous Cover
- In-Country/Local Rentals (optional cover)
Optional upgrades offered with some policies include:
- Collision/ Loss Damage Waiver
- Vehicle Key Replacement
- Personal Belongings and Baggage
- Vehicle Rental Cancellation Insurance
- Personal Accident
- Car Club Plus
- Campervan & Motorhome Excess cover
Our policies also cover vulnerable parts of the vehicle often excluded from standard rental company policies, such as tyres, windscreen, roof, and undercarriage.
If you purchase a policy with iCarhireinsurance.com however, you’ll be required to leave a deposit with the rental company. A security deposit (pre-authorisation amount) with Avis is £200 plus the estimated cost of your car rental. If you choose to buy an excess waiver policy from the rental desk, you do not need to leave a security deposit.
How much could you save on Car Hire Excess Insurance for your Avis car rental?
|With iCarhireinsurance.com…||With Avis|
| || |
| || |
| || |
|*Total cost: £25.90||*Total cost: £134.19 to £259.00|
Total potential saving: £108.29 to £233.10
*Total cost based on a 7-day rental. Price based on a 40-year-old UK resident renting a car in Europe. Prices correct as of April 2019
Get a quote now with iCarhireinsurance.com and see how much you could save on your excess insurance policy.