It is estimated that around 2.6 million Brits will hire a car abroad in 2015. If they all bought their excess insurance from iCarhireinsurance.com at £2.99 a day, instead of the rental desks at £17 a day (on average), they could save almost a £100 a week.
This 'saved' money could have fuelled the economies of Europe rather than lined the pockets of the rental companies. If each person that hires a car in 2015, does so for a week, this represents a saving of £260 million/€327 million*. This could buy…
- 163,500 Gucci suitcases (at €2000 each)
- 22 million tapas meals in Spain (at €15 each)
- 47 million margherita pizzas in Italy (at €7 each)
- or 33 million bottles of Ouzo (at €10 a bottle)
Ernesto Suarez, founder and CEO of iCarhireinsurance.com said: “Let's make 2015 the year hire car drivers save hundreds of pounds by not wasting money on rental desk excess insurance. Always buy car hire excess insurance before you fly!”
- Approx £2.6 million will hire a car abroad in 2015 - Mintel Holiday Car Hire report (2012).
- £100 a week – (£17 -£2.99) x 7 = £98.07
- £17 a day – icarhireinsurance.com research
- £260 million – 2.6 million people x £100.
- €327 million - currency convertor - www.xe.com.